Comprised of 6 one hour presentations delivered via the internet during August and September, the webinar course was facilitated by staff from Southern Beef Technology Services (SBTS) & Tropical Beef Technology Services (TBTS), and presented by senior beef industry scientists from the Beef CRC. The webinar course was well attended with a total audience of over 500 people and 250 individual seedstock enterprises.
The topics presented during the webinar course included:
- Genetics for Reproduction – The Female Influence
- Genetics for Reproduction – The Male Influence
- Relationship between Body Composition and Calving Rate
- Effect of Genetic Differences in Fat and Net Feed Intake on Efficiency of Weaner Production
- The Beef CRC DNA test for Growth, Feed Efficiency, Carcase and Reproductive Performance
- The Australian DNA Test for the Polled Gene
All presentations in the “The Cutting Edge” webinar course can now be viewed from the webinars page on the SBTS (http://sbts.une.edu.au) and TBTS (http://tbts.une.edu.au) websites.
From either the SBTS or TBTS homepage, select “Webinars” from the left hand menu and then click on the title of the presentation that is of interest.